Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What do you do when your Mom won't sign you up for sports?

Tyler has been complaining about his leg hurting off and on for about 2 weeks.  I attributed it to growing pains, until Sunday night when he and I were up a lot of the night because his leg hurt so bad.  I took him into the doctor Monday morning.  After examining him she was worried he either had a hip issue (I guess those usually present themselves in the leg) or a hair line fracture.  They sent us downstairs to get some x-rays.  He had about 12 or 13 pictures taken.  He was extremely good and didn't move at all once he was told to be still.  I was amazed to say the least.  Then we rushed back upstairs to the pediatrician's office.  (It was their lunch time.)  There were no skeletal issues.  So she determined he has inflamed the muscle band that runs from his hip to his knee.  Apparently its most commonly found in runners that frequently practice.

 So to answer my title - You run your little heart out through the house and then go ahead and get a sports injury anyway. 

No comments: