Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Month of Firsts - Part 3

Part 3 - Tyler's First Day of School

Tyler started back to preschool again this year. We've been really pleased with the school the past 2 years and we were excited to send Tyler back again this year. Tyler was a little hesitant to go as usual. He even told us he didn't want to go to school. He tends to get nervous when anything changes or is different. But he went. John and I both took him and walked him into school.

Outside the school looking a little shaggy. He was looking forward to his haircut after school.

Sitting in his chair at school.

So far we've had Ms. Julie, Ms. Brandi, Ms. Darlene, and now Ms. Lori. Every single teacher has been perfect for our children in the year they were with them. I'm excited to see how much Tyler will grow in Ms. Lori's class. He's already brought home school work that I've been amazed at. He's working on writing his name and not just his "T." He's got T's down pat. This last week the class worked on writing I's. He even remembered how to write upper and lower case at home. (My kids tend to forget what they learned in school that day by the time they walk out of the school doors.) Those I's are now prominently displayed on the fridge.


Oh, by the way, Tyler whispered to me in the car on the way home that first day, "Mommy, I had fun."

No comments: