Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Month of Firsts - Part 2

Part 2 - The First School Project

The first project was to make a poster all about their family. I sat down with both of the girls and picked out and printed pictures of our family. John bought poster board. After cutting out all the
pictures and the mats I gave the girls each a glue stick and set them to work.

Is this really where I wanted everything?

They eagerly glued all the pictures to the mats and then after arranging them on the poster board themselves they glued those.

I wrote the names of everyone on post-its and had them copy them onto their posters.

Hannah's ready to work with her pencil behind her ear!

Even Tyler had to have a project to do.

Karena tracing over her pencil lines with crayon.

I was so proud of them for sticking with it and finishing the whole thing. Karena was actually sick while we made the posters.

Later when I came to visit the girls in their classroom I had a chance to look at the other kids posters. The other ones were great and I enjoyed seeing everyone's families. I noticed though that Karena's and Hannah's posters were the only ones that actually had their own handwriting on it. All the others had the parent's "help." I was even more proud of the girls for putting so much effort into their posters.

No comments: